Be on the forefront of understanding our multicultural present and future
Get more info
Learn more about the online BA Chicano Studies program through UTEP Connect
Bachelor of Arts in Chicano Studies
$274.29 per semester credit hour for Texas students!
With our online Bachelor of Arts in Chicano Studies degree program, we are dedicated to teaching you the historical and cultural context of the Mexican origin population throughout the nation. As a student in this program, you will gain substantial expertise in the history, culture, and geography of this population and also learn how to link this knowledge with other disciplines and professions.
Additionally, you will acquire a host of different skills that will give you a competitive edge and are vital in today’s ever-changing, increasingly diverse environment.
In the course of the program, you will advance your knowledge in the following areas :
- Oral and written communication in English and Spanish
- Binational dynamics that affect commerce and population movements
- Research and digital communication
- Socioeconomic trends of the Chicano/a population
- Impact of major social issues and movements in the Chicano/a community
- Patterns of urban/rural spread of the Mexican origin population in the U.S.-Mexico border
- Immigration patterns and their impact on various sectors of industry and government
- Contributions made by Chicanos/Chicanas in arts and entertainment
- Historical context of Mexican-American students in the American school system
Get the education you need to foster true community understanding and help shape the way for our country to continually better itself through education and acceptance.
With this degree, you can work in
- Federal, state and local government in a wide range of occupations
- Law enforcement at various levels
- Nonprofit social service agencies
- Health professions
- Cultural Heritage and Preservation organizations
- Binational entities in the public and private sectors
You may also choose to move on to graduate or professional school.
Image by Ernesto Martinez, Chicano Studies Artist-in-Residence, UTEP
We all know that the demographics in our country are constantly shifting and changing—understanding the historical and modern perspective of the Mexican origin people in the US is critical to creating understanding and fostering stronger communities.
UTEP Connect’s online programs are tailor-made for working professionals. Earn your degree without sacrificing work or family commitments. Access your classes and coursework from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, wherever you are!
Yes! The same experts who teach on campus teach this course online and the material covered is the same as well. The degree you earn is still a UTEP degree—the only thing missing is the commute!
Fill out the form at the top of this page, and one of our enrollment counselors will contact you and help you through the online enrollment process. Have questions? They’ll be able to answer them for you!
Yes! During the enrollment process, you can submit transcripts from previous degree programs from other accredited colleges. We will review them and see if we can apply them toward your degree program credit hours.