Make a real difference in the life of a child
Success starts HERE!
Learn more about the graduate certificate in Early Intervention Studies through UTEP Connect
Graduate Certificate in Early Intervention Studies
Great teachers never stop learning.
They actively seek out the latest research and resources, as well as the students who most need their help. This unyielding desire to grow and help others do the same is what allows exceptional teachers to transcend the ordinary and leave indelible impressions on students and their parents.
In recent years, the number of preschool and nursery school students has increased significantly—as has the number who require special education services.
The online graduate certificate in early intervention studies is designed specifically for teachers who aspire to make a difference in the lives of students with special needs.
It combines the best of traditional classroom learning with the best of online education to provide rigor, relevance and real-world experience in working with children who have disabilities and their families.
Prepare for greatness
This first-of-its-kind program in Texas prepares you to achieve greatness by:
- Detailing the ways students and families from diverse cultural backgrounds experience the education system
- Illustrating the way cultural and linguistic diversity affect children’s lives inside and outside the classroom
- Deconstructing the field of special education to highlight its history, theories and practices
- Building your skills, experience and knowledge through practical, real-world exercises that allow you to work directly with the most special students and their families
Key program features
The graduate certificate in early intervention studies was designed with you in mind—it’s efficient, effective and affordable.
- This accelerated 15-credit graduate program is composed of five courses based on nationally recognized best practices from Texas state standards and early intervention principles developed by the Division for Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children.
- The program’s 100-percent online format allows you to learn from anywhere, whenever it is convenient for you to do so.
- The certificate is perfect for undergraduate juniors and seniors studying adaptive physical education, communication disorders, rehabilitative counseling/rehabilitative services and social work; graduate students studying special education will be especially interested in this program.
- Finally, the certificate is ideal for current teachers interested in honing their skills, expanding their knowledge and joining the ranks of the country’s elite special education teachers.
Opportunities to achieve greatness do not present themselves every day. Today, the online graduate certificate in early intervention studies offers you the chance to continue learning, help the most special of students and become a memorable teacher who truly makes a difference.
Connect with UTEP today to learn more.
Our online programs are tailor-made for working professionals. Earn your degree without sacrificing work or family commitments. Access your classes and coursework from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, wherever you are!
Fill out the form at the top of this page and one of our enrollment counselors will be in touch to help you through the online application and enrollment process. Have questions? They’ll be able to answer them for you!
Your transcripts from other regionally accredited universities and colleges will be evaluated for possible transfer.
This certificate educates teachers in early intervention policy, pedagogy, curriculum, special education, school, and parent and family engagement. This multifaceted study means you can work in a wide array of roles that need expert teachers who can understand and help students with special needs.