Get a head start on a new career with just 5 courses
Success starts HERE!
Request more information about UTEP’s Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning today
Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning
$428.73 per semester credit hour for Texas students!
Over the past century, America’s population has increasingly migrated to urban and metropolitan areas. These population centers present new challenges and opportunities for local and regional governments, creating a high demand for urban and regional planning and management professionals. Our Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning is a unique introduction to this exciting field.
You will receive your Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning when you complete 15 credit hours (only 5 courses!). Your studies will arm you with the skills, knowledge and insights you need to immediately start your career in the field of urban and regional planning. You may also choose to roll these credits over into a Master of Public Administration.
Key features of our Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning include:
- 100% online environment for your convenience
- Curriculum focused on cultivating in-demand skills related to emergency management, health, border security and other urban and public administration needs
- Career enhancement opportunities for full-time employees, military personnel and working students
With this flexible certificate, you will:
- Have the capability to be productive in a range of urban and regional public administration and economic development roles
- Gain knowledge and skills in areas such as demography, law, economics and administration
- Develop the ability to relate coursework to real-world tasks and work environments
- Customize your coursework based on your personal career goals
This Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning opens the door to a respected career with a positive job outlook.
Students in this program take four electives that best fit their personal interests and career goals from the following areas:
- Regional and urban planning
- Public policy process and institutions
- Urban administration
- Intergovernmental relations
- Selected problems in public administration
Additionally, all students who earn their Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning take a capstone course on the comprehensive integration of public administration.
And the benefits don’t stop after graduation. The UTEP Career Center works with you to achieve your career goals after receiving your certificate.
Our online programs are tailor-made for working professionals, so you can earn your certificate without sacrificing work or family commitments. Access classes and coursework from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, wherever you are!
Fill out the form at the top of this page, and one of our Enrollment Counselors will reach out to help you through the online application and enrollment process. Have questions? They’ll be able to answer them!
Your transcripts from other regionally accredited universities and colleges will be evaluated for possible transfer.
With an online graduate certificate in urban planning, you’ll have the qualifications you need to work in local and state positions.