Ready to be on the front lines of the criminal justice system?
Start your new career today!
Learn more about the online Criminal Justice program through UTEP Connect.
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
$274.29 per semester credit hour for Texas students!
Ready to get started in the exciting and ever-growing criminal justice field? UTEP’s unique Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice combines theory, research and practice to prepare you for rewarding careers in law enforcement, courts, the corrections system and social service agencies. This degree will pave the way for you to
- Obtain wide exposure to a variety of contemporary criminal justice issues and methods by which to solve problems
- Study crime and victimization as well as the methods with which society responds to it
- Improve critical thinking and writing skills as they pertain to criminal behavior and the justice system
- Enter law school or a master’s program
Our experienced faculty will prepare you for law school, graduate school or a rewarding career in:
- Federal, state or local law enforcement departments; Department of Homeland Security (Border Patrol, Field Operations, Customs and Immigration Services, Secret Service)
- Private security or investigations
- Corrections institutions (jail and prison case managers, correctional officers, treatment staff)
- Community-based corrections/probation and parole
- Law and/or the court system
- Victim advocacy
- At-risk youth/juvenile social services
- Social services and nonprofit agencies
Our online programs are tailor-made for working professionals. Earn your degree without sacrificing work or family commitments. Access your classes and coursework from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, wherever you are!
Yes! The same experts who teach on campus teach this course online and the material covered is the same as well. The degree you earn is still a UTEP degree—the only thing missing is the commute!
Fill out the form at the top of this page and one of our enrollment counselors will contact you and help you through the online application and enrollment process. Have questions? They’ll be able to answer them for you!
In today’s world, educated professionals in the corrections, legal and law enforcement fields are crucial to help shape laws, make sound ethical decisions and effect positive social change.
Yes! During the enrollment process, you must submit transcripts from previous degree programs from other accredited colleges. We will review them and see if we can apply them toward your degree program credit hours.