Online Graduate Certificate in Early Intervention Studies
Connect to opportunities to make a difference in early intervention and special education.
Earn Your Graduate Certificate in Early Intervention Studies Online
Great teachers never stop learning. They actively seek out the latest research and resources, as well as the students who most need their help. The online graduate certificate in early intervention studies is designed specifically for teachers who aspire to make a difference in the lives of students with special needs.
Coursework combines rigor, relevance and real-world experience in working with children who have disabilities and the families that help support them.
This first-of-its-kind program in Texas prepares you to:
- Gain awareness of the issues in the field of early intervention and early intervention (special) education and the impacts of those issues on students with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Help families of young children with disabilities to acquire necessary support and resources.
- Work with kids prior to school age to identify the help they need and how to get it.
A bachelor’s degree is required to apply.
Early intervention and special education professionals are in high demand. Along with a wide variety of administrative, counseling, and teaching positions available, there are many high-paying jobs in the areas of educational research and development within organizations, foundations, governmental agencies, and colleges and universities.
Careers available to students after graduation include:
- Serving disabled children and their families directly (teachers, health care specialists, family therapists, extension agents)
- Organizing services for disabled children and their families (licensing specialists, college teachers)
- Providing information to professionals who work with disabled children and families (researchers, authors/editors)
- Providing goods and services affecting disabled children and their families to the public (sales representatives, legislators, consumer advocates)
Students should note that the program is not intended to lead to professional licensure in their state.
Connect to Your FutureLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
Connect to Your Online Education
Earn a quality education at a competitive cost. Financial aid and scholarships are available to help even more.
Benefit from convenient and flexible class formats designed to help you cross the finish line at your own pace.
Earn the same degree as your on-campus peers with unique support services, just for online students.
Complete valuable coursework, directly related to the work you want to do in the real world.
Apply your efforts to a curriculum that will prepare you with valuable skills and help you earn an in-demand job.
Join a rigorous online program, taught by the same faculty with the same high-quality curriculum as your on-campus peers.