Online Bachelor of Science in Education with a Concentration in Early Childhood Care and Education (Birth to Age 5)
Develop your classroom practice in a program focused on young children in diverse learning settings.
A Convenient Way to Enhance Your Impact
Pursue a career as an early childhood education teacher in a program that focuses on children ages 0-5. Be prepared to work with infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children, in settings such as private and public childcare, early intervention, community and child-welfare programs, and Head Start. Typical positions held by graduates of the program include:
- Early Childhood Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood Education Program Coordinator/Administrator
- Childcare Owner
This program is fully online, but emphasizes field-based learning experiences, which may include participating in area school district or local childcare activities. For these courses, you may be required to pass a background check.
Note: This program does not provide licensure.
Get StartedLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Can lead to employment as early childhood education teacher, coordinator, administrator or childcare owner
- Highly affordable and flexible program
- Transfer partnership with El Paso Community College (EPCC) which is approved for the TAEYC T.E.A.C.H. grant at both EPCC and UTEP; grant covers 90% of tuition and books at both institutions, as well as additional academic and financial support.
- Tuition: $380.51/credit hour (in-state students) or $486.11/credit hour (out-of-state students)
#1 University in El Paso
Best college, best value college and best professors (Niche).
Best University for Career Outcomes in El Paso
Highest average earnings and job placement rates (U.S. Department of Education).
The flexible, fully online learning environment helps you advance your education while maintaining your current commitments.
Top 4.5% of Universities in the Country
Out of 2,800+ four-year universities, UTEP is one of 131 in the highest classification for research (R1 for top tier doctoral university with very high research activity).
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI)
With a student body that is 83% Hispanic, UTEP stands out as an HSI — one of 569 in the country. Plus, it’s one of only 19 HSIs designated as an R1 top tier research university.
Low Out-of-Pocket Costs
Out of all U.S. doctoral research institutions, UTEP boasts one of the lowest out-of-pocket costs. More than $221 million is awarded in financial aid each year.