Online Bachelor of Science in Education with a Concentration in Early Childhood Care and Education (Birth to Age 5)
Develop your classroom practice in a program focused on young children in diverse learning settings.
A Convenient Way to Enhance Your Impact
Pursue a career as an early childhood education teacher in a program that focuses on children ages 0-5. Be prepared to work with infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children, in settings such as private and public childcare, early intervention, community and child-welfare programs, and Head Start. Typical positions held by graduates of the program include:
- Early Childhood Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood Education Program Coordinator/Administrator
- Childcare Owner
This program is fully online, but emphasizes field-based learning experiences, which may include participating in area school district or local childcare activities. For these courses, you may be required to pass a background check.
Note: This program does not provide licensure.
Learn MoreLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Can lead to employment as early childhood education teacher, coordinator, administrator or childcare owner
- Highly affordable and flexible program
- Transfer partnership with El Paso Community College (EPCC) which is approved for the TAEYC T.E.A.C.H. grant at both EPCC and UTEP; grant covers 90% of tuition and books at both institutions, as well as additional academic and financial support.
- Tuition: $380.51/credit hour (in-state students) or $486.11/credit hour (out-of-state students)