Online Master of Science in Construction Management
Advance or change your career to pursue in-demand, lucrative leadership positions with this flexible, 100% online degree. No GRE required.
Gain Niche Industry Knowledge in a Collaborative, Hands-on Program.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction management careers are set to grow 8% by 2031—much faster than the average. And with niche fields like geotechnical and sustainable construction rising in demand, becoming well-versed in new areas can greatly increase your marketability.
A bachelor’s degree is the typical minimum education for construction managers, so a master’s degree can accelerate your career, whether or not you’re already in the field. It can also help you compete for the best roles. The average salary for construction managers is $98,890, with the top 10% of earners making more than $163,800. When you complete your degree, you’ll also be prepared to sit for certification through the American Institute of Constructors—further accelerating your candidacy.
The M.S. in Construction Management is designed for students with bachelor’s degrees in engineering, architecture, business and more. Regardless of your background, you can become an effective leader in the field.
UTEP faculty estimates that 60% of construction work is awarded based on the merit and expertise of the company, instead of price. In this program, you can expand your expertise in all aspects of the field, including skills like:
- Managing processes and logistics of construction jobs
- Estimating costs, maintaining a budget, securing material resources and controlling finances
- Understanding job site safety and construction law
- Training in newer, specialized areas such as sustainable construction
Learn MoreLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Bachelor’s degree required to apply
- Highly flexible program
- Unique internship to provide hands-on experience
- Designed for working professionals
- No GRE required
- Prepares you to sit for certification through the American Institute of Constructors
- Tuition: $782.00/credit hour (in- and out-of-state students)
“We really want our students to get a project-based learning instead of just cramming in a few concepts. When they go out, see problems on the job site and safety conditions, I think they learn a lot and they come back with a very different perspective. And that’s what we really love about our students. I have not seen a single student in my four or five years of experience saying that they were not able to find a job within one year of their graduation.”
– Adeeba Raheem, Assistant Professor of Construction Management
Connect to Your Future
Application deadlines are approaching. Learn more today!