ONLINE M.ED. IN LITERACY EDUCATION
Become a leader in K-12 literacy education with this 100% online program. No GRE required.
Support Literacy & Linguistically Diverse Learners
Whether you’re a teacher, instructional coach or another type of educator, you can prepare to become a specialist and leader in K-12 literacy education. This degree is ideal for:
Teachers who would like an advanced degree to deepen their knowledge of literacy with linguistically diverse learners
Teachers who would like to take on leadership roles in their campuses/districts
Community-based educators and adult educators who apply specialized knowledge of literacy in classroom settings in schools and communities across all ages
You’ll learn how to:
Balance theories/current scholarship in teaching/research in literacy education and apply them to practice
Develop, implement, and assess literacy curriculum and professional development in literacy
Apply your knowledge across diverse learners/learners with diverse needs
When you graduate, you’ll be prepared for roles like teacher or community-based educator, reading specialist and literacy or instructional coach. Other positions include curriculum developer, literacy specialist or consultant in publishing and industry, doctoral student, community college instructor and adjunct faculty.
Learn MoreLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Prepares teachers, instructional coaches and other professionals to become specialists and leaders in K-12 literacy education
- Provides coursework that prepares students for the Texas Reading Specialist (#151) certification
- Aligns with national standards and employs a cutting-edge approach to literacy research and literacy education
- Provides students with personalized attention and opportunities to build relationships with faculty who are top-notch researchers
- No GRE required
- Highly affordable and flexible program
- Tuition: $490/credit hour (in-state students) or $575/credit hour (out-of-state students)