Online Bachelor of Arts in Chicano Studies
Connect to the history and contributions of the Mexican-origin population of the United States with a bachelor’s degree in Chicano/Chicana studies.
Earn Your BA in Chicano Studies Online
Gain expertise on the historical and cultural context of the Mexican-origin population throughout the nation. Core courses will focus on social justice, immigration, cultural diversity, Chicano literature and more.
Additionally, you will acquire a host of different skills that will give you a competitive edge and are vital in today’s ever-changing, increasingly diverse environment. Advance your knowledge in these vital and important areas:
- Binational dynamics that affect commerce and population movements
- Socioeconomic trends of the Chicano/a population
- Impact of major social issues and movements in the Chicano/a community
- Patterns of urban/rural spread of the Mexican origin population in the U.S.-Mexico border
- Immigration patterns and their impact on industries and government
- Contributions made by Chicanos/Chicanas in arts and entertainment
Connect to Your FutureLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
Connect to Your Online Education
Earn a quality education at a competitive cost. Financial aid and scholarships are available to help even more.
Benefit from convenient and flexible class formats designed to help you cross the finish line at your own pace.
Earn the same degree as your on-campus peers with unique support services, just for online students.
Complete valuable coursework, directly related to the work you want to do in the real world.
Apply your efforts to a curriculum that will prepare you with valuable skills and help you earn an in-demand job.
Join a rigorous online program, taught by the same faculty with the same high-quality curriculum as your on-campus peers.