ONLINE MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION WITH A CONCENTRATION IN LINGUISTIC DIVERSITY AND EDUCATIONAL EQUITY
Become an advocate for equity in today’s increasingly multilingual and multicultural classroom. 100% online. No GRE required.
Help Implement Transformational Language and Social Justice Policies
There’s a growing need for highly trained educators to promote equity in today’s linguistically and culturally diverse society. For teachers and education-related professionals, this means developing the tools to promote positive change in educational policy and practices.
In this program, you’ll learn how to address social justice for young English language learners and emergent bilinguals. You’ll graduate with the ability to take on leadership roles in a variety of fields, including public/private schools, community-based organizations, research institutions and nonprofit/for-profit companies. This degree also prepares you for doctoral studies in education or the social sciences.
*This program does not provide initial teacher certification. For those who are already certified teachers (not required for program admission), program coursework provides the knowledge needed to pass Texas/your state’s required exam and earn an English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching endorsement.
Learn MoreLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Designed for working K-12 teachers and education-related professionals
- Can be completed in as few as 12 months
- Program curriculum approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Prepares those who are certified for state ESL supplemental certification
- No GRE required
- Tuition: $490/credit hour (in-state students) or $575/credit hour (out-of-state students)
- Available on the Academic Common Market*
*If you are a resident in one of the states that participate in the ACM, you MAY qualify for in-state tuition for this program while residing outside of Texas. For more information, you must contact the ACM Coordinator of the state in which you are residing. For contact info by state, please visit home.sreb.org/acm/states.aspx
What Careers Are Available to You With an M.A. in Linguistic Diversity and Education Equity?
- Curriculum Developer
- Educational Activist or Lobbyist
- Educational Diversity Coordinator
- Educational Policy Analyst
- ESL Curriculum Specialist
- Grant Writers