ONLINE MA IN EDUCATION WITH A CONCENTRATION IN DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND SOCIAL JUSTICE IN EDUCATION
Connect to opportunities to transform education to advance diversity, equity, and social justice.
Earn Your Master’s in Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice in Education Online
While societal inequities and oppression of people of color has been a focus in some academic areas for a long time, recent events have renewed questioning about inequality in our society.
This social awakening has produced a growing need for highly trained teacher-leaders and researchers to re-examine, and examine in new ways, how social injustice cuts across various institutions, particularly schooling, and what transformational policies and actions can be implemented to foster a more just and fair nation for all.
The M.A. in Diversity, Equity and Social Justice in Education is ideal for those seeking to address equity and take on leadership roles in a variety of fields, including education (both formal and informal) and in the nonprofit sector (e.g., community-based organizations). It also prepares graduate students who plan to pursue a doctorate in education or the social sciences.
Graduates of this program may decide to work in community-based organizations, research, nonprofits, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and public and/or private schools. The job outlook for many careers in related areas is strong per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projections for 2019–2029.
Types of positions available to you after graduation include:
- Educational program officer
- Worker in a nonprofit organization or an NGO (non-governmental organization)
- Social and community service manager (2019-2029 projected growth of 17%)
- Educational researcher
- Curriculum developer
- Grant writer
- Educational diversity coordinator
- Instructional coordinator (2019-2029 projected growth of 6%)
- Post-secondary administrator (2019-2029 projected growth of 4%)
- Training and development specialist (2019-2029 projected growth of 9%)
- Education-related public relations and fundraising manager (2019-2029 projected growth of 9%)
- International government organization professional
- Educational policy analyst
- Educational activist
- Educational advocacy coordinator
Connect to Your FutureLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
Connect to Your Online Education
Earn a quality education at a competitive cost. Financial aid and scholarships are available to help even more.
Benefit from convenient and flexible class formats designed to help you cross the finish line at your own pace.
Earn the same degree as your on-campus peers with unique support services, just for online students.
Complete valuable coursework, directly related to the work you want to do in the real world.
Apply your efforts to a curriculum that will prepare you with valuable skills and help you earn an in-demand job.
Join a rigorous online program, taught by the same faculty with the same high-quality curriculum as your on-campus peers.