Online Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning
Enhance or change your career with this 100% online certificate accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
Local & State Government. Nonprofit Organizations. Grad School. And More.
Learn how to apply knowledge across economics, demography, law, and administration, and relevant technology in the planning and developing of communities with this five-course certificate. When you graduate, you’ll be able to work in any government, nonprofit or professional organization that requires the services of a planner, and be prepared to seek additional certifications, such as those from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). You’ll also be able to seamlessly apply your credits toward a Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
Work With Accomplished Teachers and Mentors
Many faculty are frequently published in peer-reviewed journals, and students often use free digital texts produced by faculty and co-authors in their courses. Faculty have mentored students locally and across the nation, as well as in Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, Turkey, the European Union, Africa and Asia.
Learn MoreLearn how UTEP Connect can help you earn the degree or certificate you need.
- 100% online
- Interdisciplinary, NASPAA-accredited program based in the MPA program
- Ideal for working students, military soldiers, full-time employees seeking a career change or enhancement
- Curriculum uniquely centered on aspects of public administration and economic development, with attention to current public policy issues such as border security, housing, health, emergency management and public safety
- Highly affordable and flexible program
- Tuition: $480.90/credit hour (in-state students) or $590.53/credit hour (out-of-state students)
Bachelor’s degree is required to apply.